Resources to Equip and Empower Educators
We have collected a variety of resources to assist you as you incorporate economic and financial concepts into a classroom setting. From professional development webinars, courses and resources, we have a variety available to meet your needs.
- The T in STEM: Technology Jobs of the Future - June 19, 2020
Explore how emerging technology has and is transforming the workforce to create innovative career pathways, as well as how schools have approached technology-related workforce training, especially in the wake of COVID-19. View presentation materials here. View the Ryan Weber presentation here.
Runtime 1 hour 3 minutes
- The Culture of Poverty: Its Effect on Youth Education - June 24, 2020
Investigate how socio-economic scarcity manifests in the lives and learning capacity of youth, as well as how support systems within the community and education system offer assistance, advocacy and programs to promote financial sustainability. View presentation materials here.
Runtime 1 hour 44 minutes
- Preparing Students for a Workforce in Transition: Insights on Labor Market Trends - July 8, 2020
Delve into the latest analysis of employment and unemployment trends, and explore the effect of recent labor force trends on future employment prospects. View presentation materials here.
Runtime 1 hour 10 minutes
- The Economic Impact of COVID-19 On Food And Energy - July 15, 2020
Hear from Fed economists about how the corona virus has affected food supply chains and energy prices, and what this means to consumers. Integrate best practices and winning strategies to engage students in fundamental economics and personal finance concepts. View presentation materials here.
Runtime 1 hour and 4 minutes
- Preparing Students for a Workforce in Transition: Connecting Schools and Employers - July 22, 2020
Learn about organizations that partner students with businesses and how apprenticeships and other career development programs collaborate with schools to provide hands-on training to prepare students for the labor force. View presentation materials here.
Runtime 1 hour 16 minutes
- Preparing Students for a Workforce in Transition: Equipping Educators - July 29, 2020
Access timely information and classroom-ready resources that support career pathway instruction, work-readiness training and related curricula. View presentation materials here.
Runtime 1 hour 6 minutes
Discussing Race and Inequality in the Classroom
Learn strategies for engaging your students on this timely and relevant topic. Hear from economists with years of teaching experience and research sharing strategies for discussing race in the economics classroom, whether at the high school or college level.
Runtime 1 hour 22 minutes
Personal Development Resources
Educators have a love of learning, and that learning extends to being up-to-date on information about the economy. Here is a roundup of resources to equip you.
Understanding the Federal Reserve
- The Federal Reserve System overview
- TEN Magazine
- Historical publications about the Federal Reserve System
Research and Information on Our Economy
- Map Your Community: Mapping tool that provides data on educational attainment, demographic trends, lending activity and home ownership rates for states in the Tenth District.
- Grow Your Own: This series of resources and tools used in entrepreneurship and small business development shows ways to create opportunities and help grow the local economy.
- Workforce Development: Our workforce development programs and research promote community growth and opportunity by providing successful models for employment and training programs.
Kansas City Fed News and Information
Connect With Us
Sign up to receive economic education information and resource updates.