What is the Money Museum doing to keep visitors and employees safe?
- All employees go through the same security screening as guests when entering the building including temperature checks.
- The Museum is closed from 12:00- 1:00 pm for a midday cleaning of all high touch surfaces.
- Surfaces like door handles and touch screens have Nanoseptic self-cleaning covers.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Museum.
- The Museum is operating at 30% or less capacity to allow for social distancing.
If I or a member of my group are feeling ill or have a fever when tested by Law Enforcement, can we still visit the Museum?
Please do not come onsite if you (or anyone in your group) has experienced any of the following COVID-19 symptoms two days prior, or the day of, your Money Museum visit.
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste and smell
- Other less common symptoms, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
Also, please do not come onsite if you or someone you have had close contact with has, or is being evaluated for, COVID-19, or is experiencing any of the above symptoms.
What should I do if I or another guest in my group starts to exhibit symptoms of or tests positive for COVID-19 in the days immediately following our visit to the Money Museum?
For the safety of our guests and employees, we ask that you contact Jolie Stark (816) 604-7385, Jolie.Stark@kc.frb.org to facilitate contract tracing.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City ("Bank") is utilizing a ticketing system to control occupancy and allow for contact tracing within the Money Museum. To enable contact tracing, the Bank will collect the name, email, and phone number for one individual per party (e.g. the person booking tickets for a group or family).
What should I do if my group is no longer able to visit the Money Museum at the time we scheduled our tickets for?
Please email KCMoneyMuseum@kc.frb.org or call 816-881-2683 to cancel your tickets so that we can offer that time slot to other guests.
Does my reservation guarantee my group’s entry to the Money Museum?
Your ticket is a revocable license and may be withdrawn at any time by the Bank. Noncompliance with Bank policies or instruction by Bank staff, including mask requirements and social distancing, will result in your ticket being revoked.
Can I schedule a guided or self-guided tour of the Money Museum for my class, daycare, tour company or any other kind of group outside of ticket reservations on Eventbrite?
The only way in which people can visit the Money Museum is by reserving tickets through Eventbrite. These tickets are available on a first-come first-serve basis.